If you are planning for summer session or fall semester, consider the following tips to help you get the most out of NETLAB+ and give your students the skills they need to thrive in the working world.
Red Hat, the world’s leader in open source and provider of the leading enterprise Linux platform, has recently redesigned their academic program. The revised Red Hat Academy, which provides industry-leading Linux administration, JBoss development and cloud technology curriculum, is now available for free to qualifying higher education institutions.
These exciting changes make it possible for you, as NETLAB+ customers, to take advantage of NDG’s strategic collaboration with Red Hat and use your NETLAB+ system to administer Red Hat labs in your classroom at no additional cost. Visit the NDG website for more information on NETLAB+ lab support for Red Hat Academy courses.
Why join Red Hat Academy?
- Membership to qualifying universities is now free, with easy online program enrollment.
- Academy instructors receive free access to Red Hat online training courses.
- Gain access to industry-leading Linux, cloud and middleware curriculum
- Student materials are available in multiple formats: eBook, printed, or online.
- Collaborate with the world’s leader in open source.
- Prepare your students with in-demand skills that companies are actively seeking.
Together, Red Hat and NDG are committed to helping close the technology skills gap by providing students with opportunities to build enterprise-ready skills. We believe the revised Red Hat Academy program has the potential of making a big impact on your institution and students.
Several student successes are featured complete with photos and quotes, plus Lab Links to the many courses offered through the region’s NETLAB+ installation.
Upcoming training opportunities, usage comparison information and a resource library are posted on the Instructor page. Instructors new to NETLAB+ can watch an orientation video on the site, too.
Instructors are invited to submit their course information to be highlighted on the “Featured Courses” section of the Student’s page.
For more information or to have your course featured on the site, contact Richard Grotegut, IT and Computer Science Deputy Sector Navigator for the Bay Region.
The new CompTIA CSA+ examination is an intermediate-level credential for cybersecurity professionals and was created to address current cybersecurity trends. The exam will certify that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to:
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats, and risks to an organization;
- Configure and use threat detection tools; and
- Secure and protect applications and systems within an organization.
The behavioral analytics skills covered by the CSA+ certification identify and combat malware and advanced persistent threats (APTs), resulting in better threat visibility across organizational assets by focusing on network behavior, including interior networks.
Visit the CompTIA website to learn more.